17 Nov 2006

Why Dogs Hate Hallow'een

In loving memory of Wee One

Let's start with something that's close to my heart...my love of animals. Their needs are so basic and their love unconditional. I'm so glad there are Animal Welfare groups who speak up on their behalf.

I had the pleasure of sharing my life with a little collie/spaniel called Wee One. I named my Theatre Production Company after her, Wee One Productions. She was my best Pal for going on 18 years. Her final resting place is a peaceful hillside overlooking Loch Lomond in Scotland. It's a place I go to enjoy quiet contemplation.

Our family always had dogs and when I was a child, I had a little terrier called Ricki. I'd dress him as a baby and pop him in a pram...he never objected, just sat there, waiting for his chocolate treat...probably thinking to himself...Grrr!...next time I'm coming back as a Wild Bear.

My very good friend Jaspre Bark, sent these pics to me. (Actually I'll introduce you to Jaspre later, he's a brilliant novelist/poet/journalist.) I'm ashamed to say, I did find them very funny, yet
with a bitter twist...kind of cruel but compulsive...it's amazing what our little furry friends put up with, just to get a decent meal and a roof over their heads!




NOOOOOO! I can't believe that people would really do this to their best friend...







Oh jings!...I wish these didn't make me smile so loudly.










Och!...they've gone too far.
..Please never try anything like this at home.

For those who are true animal lovers...remember to make a donation to the RSPCA.
Since its humble beginning in 1824 - as the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - the RSPCA has worked tirelessly to promote kindness and prevent cruelty to animals.

No comments: